Tuesday 16 September 2014

Lazin' around in London

Well our first full day in London and what do we do? Sleep in till 11.15am of course! We managed to get up, have some yummy breakkie cereal, and get to Gymboree ay 2.30pm. Gymboree is still the same as it was 25 years ago, and Eli loves it! A lovely coffee shop next door called Harris & Hoole beckoned us in for a lovely latte after which we decided to walk home to Joe's along the banks of the River Thames with me pushing the pram, calling in to the co-op for provisions for tonight's barbecue. Oh how I love supermarkets overseas! I couldn't resist the creme brulee or the caramel pannacotta so bought both. Ross also bought Cornish Clotted Cream ice-cream. Yum! I wound up eating both the creme brulees ( 650 calories) and having some of the ice-cream with raspberries and blueberries. I'll have to either walk it off or starve tomorrow. I decided to start by walking back to our apartment, but didn't get too far before I caved and we caught the bus. So it looks like starvation is in order.

By the time I showered and crawled into bed thoroughly exhausted, it was after 11pm so I thought  I'd crash till dawn but no such luck. I woke up three times before 2 am but managed to get back to sleep. However I failed n the 4th attempt so have stayed awake with the plan to make an early start this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment